welcome to eden's blog...

In 2007, when Eden was 8 months old, I started this blog. I did it because our family and friends are all over the U.S. and thought it would be a nice place for them to watch our daughter grow up! Since then, it has become a labor of love. My love of photgraphy and journaling, combined with my love for motherhood has poured into this blog. Welcome and come back often!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

an old fashioned christmas....a poem by mom

driving on a windy road
I passed a snowy field of white,
And in the center of it all
stood a wondrous winter site

A horse so still and calm was there
It seemed at peace and in command,
It took my breath away at first
To see this creature on the land

A christmas spirit came over me
that fuzzy feeling the season brings,
the joyful simple goodness
of carolers and happy things

And I realized there while on the road
that beauty comes from a peaceful calm
And as I drove on past the horse
It felt greater than ever to be a mom...

2 comments:

  1. Tiff, what a beautiful poem. i love the line 'beauty comes from a peaceful calm...' its so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sweetie: I just read this poem; it is very good. It seems that motherhood has inspired you! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete